The customer journey
At Walker we've helped thousands of families successfully navigate the administrative and legal aspects of buying a new home. Our skilled advisors will keep you updated on progress throughout the whole buying process.
Even if you have bought a house before and are an experienced buyer, there are many ways we can help you so that your house purchase goes smoothly. To give you added peace of mind, we will provide you with a guide that provides answers to frequently asked questions and covers the buying process from start to finish. In the meantime, here's a handy overview of what you can expect.
- We meet you for the first time – whether that’s via phone, email or in person.
- We’ll help you find the right home for you – from first time buyers to those looking for more space or to downsize, we’ll work with you to find the perfect home for you.
- You’ve found your new home and you’re keen to buy. Your Sales Consultant will take you through the necessary paperwork and talk you through the next steps.
- Reserving your new home - To secure your future home, you’ll need to pay a reservation fee of £750. The reservation form outlines what you are agreeing to at this stage, including our cancellation policy.
- Missives are concluded, hurrah!
- Missives to handover period – our sales team will keep in touch with you during this time, keeping you informed about the progress of your home and your entry date.
- We will meet with you before the handover day to have a walk round of your new home and explain how things like your heating system work.
- The big day - Handover day arrives, funds are received, keys are released and you’re ready to move in.